Broadcast Grade CDN white paper
Jet-Stream will release a new white paper on Content Delivery Summit, New York, May 14.
From Internet Grade to Broadcast Grade CDNs
The new Jet-Stream white paper addresses these topics:
- Lack of end to end SLAs in the OTT value chain is a blocking issue for consumers to mass adopt OTT services
- Quality of Experience is a euphemism: consumers demand broadcast grade quality and performance
- Only telco powered CDNs can enable end to end SLAs since they control the CDN right down to the last mile
- However regular Internet CDN and vendor CDN technologies were never intented and designed for premium content delivery
- Introducing the terms Internet Grade CDNs, Industrial Grade CDNs and Broadcast Grade CDNs.
Make sure you get your hard copy on the show!
Can't wait? Download the document here (PDF, 3.8MB)
CDN compliancy tips for media players
Tips for media players by CDN veterans:
Make sure your client is streaming server and CDN compliant!
This blog article helps developers of Smart TVs, Smart Phones, Tablets, SetTopBoxes and Software video clients to better understand the dynamics of a Content Delivery Network so they can improve the way their client integrates with Content Delivery Networks.
Tip 1: Implement the full HTTP 1.1 specification: HTTP redirect
Who you gonna call?
Imagine this scenario: you are paying some of your hard earned money to watch a football match, or a blockbuster via an OTT (over the top) content provider.
But the stream underperforms. It was advertised as being high quality, but the quality constantly changes from HD to SD quality.
That's not what you paid for: you paid for a cinematic experience.
So you want a refund. Who are you going to call?...